Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ace of Cakes OR Cake Boss?

Neither... :-) but at least I've had fun and my niece and nephew have enjoyed eating them--and giving me new cake-making assignments.

For Easter I made this lamb cake for dessert for our family dinner. Abe and Scout just loved it. I have a cake form that bakes the 3-D lamb shape. I dirty iced the entire cake and then frosted the face and ears with a black buttercream. I piped the entire body with a star tip to create the wool-look out of natural white buttercrea, and piped the face with a pale pink buttercream. I put the Easter grass and some Robin Egg candies to make it look a bit more Easter-y. The cake was my family "Economy Chocolate Cake" recipe--a very dense and moist chocolate cake. It stands up to carving and 3-D cakes like this very well. (Plus...it's absolutely delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment